Monday, September 10, 2012

it's a setup

These last few weeks of summer in Southern California have been some of the hottest. Wearing a full face of makeup isn't practical in the heat, so I stick with a few basics: tough-as-nails concealer, bronzer, winged eyeliner and mascara. While walking around a music festival the other week, I realized my winged eyeliner was MIA. As in, it wasn't above my lash line anymore. It was smudged in my crease and quickly disintegrating. I did what any port-a-potty-fearing girl would do — I slipped on a pair of sunglasses. Problem solved.

It got me thinking, though, about how to make eyeliner last through heat, sweat and humidity. Setting the liner and your lid with powder really does the trick. Here's what I do: 
- Use liquid liner as usual. 
- Load an eyeliner brush with dark brown eyeshadow. 
- Trace over the liquid liner with the eyeshadow. 
- Apply a neutral eyeshadow all over your lid.

Sticky lids + liquid liner = smudge city. Powder-coated lids + powder-coated liner = eyeliner that stays put. How do you keep your makeup fresh all day? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment