Sunday, September 23, 2012

DIY: lavender bath melts


When I first started looking at DIY bath products online, everything seemed so complicated. Many recipes involved hard-to-find ingredients and tricky instructions. When I came across this one, I knew it was right. It's uses just three totally natural ingredients (only one of which I had to order online).

I was so pleased with this recipe that I would definitely try it again. These lavender-studded bath melts make the perfect holiday gift or housewarming present. Enjoy!



Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 cup pure, raw cocoa butter (I ordered mine on ebay)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
  • 1/4 cup lavender buds (I found these at a local farmer's market, but you can also order online)
Here's what you do:
  1. Add cocoa butter and coconut oil to a sauce pan and turn heat on low. 
  2. Gently stir until the mixture is liquid. 
  3. Use any ice cube tray (I opted for silicone) as the bath melt mold. 
  4. Pour liquid into each cube.
  5. Sprinkle lavender into each cube.
  6. Put the ice cube tray in the freezer overnight.

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful tutorial. I can't wait to make these! : ]
    Thank You So Much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No- shea butter does not solidify enough.

      Delete