When I first started looking at DIY bath products online, everything seemed so complicated. Many recipes involved hard-to-find ingredients and tricky instructions. When I came across this one, I knew it was right. It's uses just three totally natural ingredients (only one of which I had to order online).
I was so pleased with this recipe that I would definitely try it again. These lavender-studded bath melts make the perfect holiday gift or housewarming present. Enjoy!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup pure, raw cocoa butter (I ordered mine on ebay)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup lavender buds (I found these at a local farmer's market, but you can also order online)
- Add cocoa butter and coconut oil to a sauce pan and turn heat on low.
- Gently stir until the mixture is liquid.
- Use any ice cube tray (I opted for silicone) as the bath melt mold.
- Pour liquid into each cube.
- Sprinkle lavender into each cube.
- Put the ice cube tray in the freezer overnight.