Friday, May 4, 2012

DIY nail polish necklace

Remember when Anthropologie put out those beautiful tear-drop glass necklaces last year? No? Well, that's not too important. I decided to make my own version of the pricey piece last weekend. You need three bottles of nail polish and an old necklace that needs some sprucing up. I decided to use gradient shades of purple from OPI and a necklace I got on Etsy (try searching vintage necklaces - this one was under $15).

1. Gather your materials and line a surface with newspaper/magazine pages. 
2. Every necklace will be different, but I would recommend starting at the top. That way, your hands and palms won't be in the way when you work your way down. 
3. Paint the second tier. 
4. Paint the third tier. 
5. Voila! Wasn't that easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment