1. Foundation with a matte finish is best for a clean, simple look like this one. Try Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.
2. It's always a good idea to prep your lips before applying lipstick. While your foundation is setting, rub lip balm onto your lips. I love this one from Smith's. How cute is the mint green tin?
3. A black eyeliner, like this one from L'Oreal, is perfect for a light smokey eye. Smudge it out with a Q-tip for a sultry nighttime look.
4. Eyes open up with a shimmery golden eyeshadow. For extra drama, use a small makeup brush to line your lower lash line with the same shadow.
5. Every smokey eye needs a few coats of mascara. My fave is Maybelline's Great Lash in Very Black.
6. Dianna's lipstick isn't too saturated. Use your fingertips to apply a rich cranberry lipstick.