Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY: coffee scrub

I've been sickly addicted to Pinterest for the last week or so. I stumbled across a pin for a coffee sugar scrub and decided to make it myself. All you need is ground coffee, sugar, olive oil and a small mason jar (for storage). I cut the recipe in half for a smaller batch, which ended up working perfectly. After bottling it up, I stuck the jar in my shower and tried it out. It's super nice (especially if you like the smell of coffee!) but definitely needs to be followed up with soap. I also keep one of these in my drain to catch the grounds.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this out for myself (esp since I love coffee)!!! Do you think it helps wake you up in the morning? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! I am always looking for a new scrub and I absolutely love the smell of coffee! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wealth of knowledge, thank you for posting again. Just to let you know, you don`t have to put the catcher in the drain for the coffee grounds, they are actually good for you drain and pipes, helps keep them clean. I rince mine down the kitchen sink everyday. :)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete