Monday, March 19, 2012

the best of birchbox

I was a Birchbox subscriber for about six months before I canceled my membership. I was really impressed with the service, but after six boxes, I decided to call it quits and put $10 back in my pocket. If you're not familiar with the service, check it out here. In short, you pay $10 each month for five deluxe beauty samples. I still use a lot of the samples (I accumulated about 30 during my time as a member), so I wanted to share a few of my favorites. I would definitely re-subscribe to the service, so I encourage you to check it out — for yourself or a friend :)

a. ahava cleansing cream: If you've ever tried any products from this brand, you know why it's a favorite. This cleanser is super rich and has built-in moisture. 
b. zoya nail polish in shay: This is one of those barely-there shades. It's a pinky nude with just a touch of shimmer.
c. purity by philosophy: I use this with my clarisonic once or twice a week. It's powerful enough to remove my eye makeup, but leaves my skin with a natural glow.
d. twirl by kate spade: the perfect scent to wear to work or out to dinner. It's super feminine and soft.
e. orofluido elixir: I'm a huge fan of moroccan oil, but this golden oil is a contender.
f. redken shine brillance mist: this travel-friendly hairspray/shine mist has been perfect for short trips. It instantly refreshes my hair. 

2 comments:

  1. Purity facewash is my absolute fave! I get the big one every Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Great post, Mo!

    xo sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I kind of love the Zoya polish color even though… I don’t wear nail polish on my fingernails. But, I’d give this one a try. It would match pretty much anything.

    ReplyDelete