Wednesday, February 22, 2012

foodie beauty inspiration

There's something about macarons that gets me every time. The creamy pastel colors, the crunch of meringue, and the chewy inside — I just can't resist anything about the these petite cookies.

I deliberately went to stumbled upon 'lette macarons before a recent trip to Sephora. I was on the hunt for a new eyeshadow palette, but needed a sweet treat first. I left with two macarons: one violet and one salted caramel. The latter was consumed almost immediately, and the flower-flavored pastry was nestled into my bag (see, I do have some self control). When I got to Sephora, this rich five-tone palette immediately caught my eye. The deep purples are paired with a quintessential champagne highlight and a shimmer-speckled black liner. I was sold.

When I got home and unpacked my purchases, I couldn't help but notice how the palette colors almost mirrored the colors of the violet macaron. Inspiration by food? I think so!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what this post makes me want more: a macaron from 'lette or that eyeshadow palette!

    Would you recommend those colors for Asian skin tones?

    Wonderful (and delicious-looking) post!

    ReplyDelete