Monday, February 27, 2012

bathtime for brushes

After a particularly bad breakout last year, I realized the cause might be hiding in my makeup brushes. I googled around to find the best brush cleaner, but ended up discovering an at-home wash. I already had all three ingredients (dish soap, olive oil, and water) so I decided to give it a whirl. I've been hooked ever since. The dish soap kills germs and cleans the hairs but can also dry them out. To balance the harsh side effects, add equal parts olive oil. It acts as a conditioner to keep the bristles soft and smooth. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. WHOA. WHOA. This is blowing my mind right now. I've always bought solution from Sephora or wherever to clean brushes but I had no idea you could use dish soap & olive oil?? What does the olive oil do exactly for the brushes?

    This is a GREAT blog post. Great idea/tip! Also where do you get that beaker-like thing where you store your brushes? So cute!

    ReplyDelete