Saturday, February 11, 2012

banana honey mask


I buy bananas with the best intentions. I almost always grab a bunch (four or five bananas) for the week. In my mind, I validate the purchase: A healthy breakfast that's easy to take on the road. And perhaps, if I'm extra lucky, a delicious addition to my peanut butter toast. Come Friday, there's always one banana that didn't quite make it. Because I don't like throwing away perfectly good food (and because I don't like eating bananas that are too ripe), I found this easy banana face mask recipe.

All three ingredients can be combined in a mixing bowl and mashed with a fork. I found that my mask was still a little too chunky — a problem my immersion blender solved in a matter of seconds. After layering the mask over my freshly-washed face, I let it sit for 15 minutes. I washed it off with warm water and applied a light moisturizer. Voila!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I can't wait to try it. I can never finish my bananas either.

    I especially like the idea of a totally edible face mask. That way I don't have to worry about some of it getting in my mouth. I can just swallow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had two bananas left instead of one, you could've made banana bread! Also, if you ever run out of eggs, half a banana is an adequate substitute for one egg when you're baking cookies! Think of the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete